Leuchtturm1917 A5 Hardcover Notebook Bauhaus Edition
Hommage to the Bauhaus teaching
Clear, reduced forms, functional details, and classic colors are key elements of the Bauhaus style.
And the design of LEUCHTTURM1917 products has always followed these principles. That’s why, to celebrate the centenary of the birth of Bauhaus, we created a series of notebooks, Pen Loops, and pencils that are truly evocative of Bauhaus style. The colorful side cuts and lines impressively underline the principles. Matching the respective side cut is the dotted lineature in the colors red, royal blue, or black.
The embossed quotation on the cover "Everything starts from a dot" is by Wassily Kandinsky, a teacher at the Bauhaus, and stands for the fact that creativity arises in the mind: To share it with the world, it must come from the head - by hand on a piece of paper - and always starts with a dot. The first point of contact between thoughts and paper - a decisive moment.
- Wassily Kandinsky's quote is embossed on the front cover: “Everything starts from a dot.”
- Brief profile of Kandinsky featured on the endpaper
- Fore-edge and ruling are same-colour
- Colour combinations of cover/fore-edge: Lemon/Black - Black/Royal - Royal/Red - Red/Royal
- Ruling: Dotted
- Index and page numbers
- 2 bookmarks
- Gusseted pocket
- Elastic enclosure band
- Sticker for labeling and archiving
- High paper quality
- High ink compatibility
- - Medium (A5) notebook:
Dimension = 210 x 145 mm / 251 pages / Paper = 80g/m²